This fully online program leads to an 18-hour graduate certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) and prepares students to work worldwide. The program prepares students for multiple opportunities, whether working with children or adults, teaching online or on-ground, or delivering training in corporate and non-profit settings globally.
- Format: Online
- Credit hours: 18 hours
- Time to degree: 12 - 18 months
- Start dates: Spring, Summer, Fall
- Application deadlines: May 15 (Summer), July 15 (Fall), December 1 (Spring)
- Two core courses (510 and 520) ground you in the components, structures, and analysis of language, including a deep dive into form and meaning across human languages.
- Two core courses (640 and 650) prepare you to design and deliver instruction across a range of settings, with real-world teaching opportunities included!
- Two allied field courses, often chosen from Communication Arts, Curriculum and Instruction, or English, allow you to tailor the program to your unique goals.
|ESL 500||POLICY & PRACTICE IN EDUC LING||3|
|ESL 510||INTRO TO LANGUAGE SYSTEMS||3|
|ESL 520||INSTR & ACADEMIC LANG CONT DOM||3|
|ESL 640||INSTR & EVAL OF LANGUAGE USAGE||3|
|ESL 650||PRACTICUM, TESOL||3|
|Allied Field Electives||6|
|Total Semester Hours||21|