Students at the University of Alabama in Huntsville have the following academic responsibilities:
- To enroll in only those courses for which the stated prerequisite(s) (if there are any) has/have been satisfactorily completed. Failure to comply with this procedure may result in administrative withdrawal.
- To attend all meetings of each class in which they are enrolled. Instructors will announce at the beginning of the semester if they consider attendance in computing final grades.
- To observe all regulations of their college and select courses according to the requirements of that college.
- To consult their advisors on all matters pertaining to their academic careers, including changes in their programs.
- To answer promptly all written notices from advisors, faculty, deans and other University officers.
- To maintain the integrity of the classroom by practicing academic honesty. Students should refer to the student handbook for details regarding academic dishonesty.
- To file an "Application for Degree" in the Office of Student Records by the published deadline.
- To be personally responsible for fulfilling all requirements for graduation and observing all regulations at UAH.
Plagiarism and other forms of cheating are subject to penalties as outlined in the Student Handbook.