Students at the University of Alabama in Huntsville have the following academic responsibilities:
- To enroll in only those courses for which the stated prerequisite(s) (if any) have been satisfactorily completed. Failure to comply with this procedure may result in administrative withdrawal;
- To attend all meetings of each class in which they are enrolled. Instructors will announce at the beginning of the semester if they consider attendance in computing final grades;
- To observe all regulations of their college and select courses according to the requirements of that college;
- To consult their advisors on all matters pertaining to their academic careers, including changes in their programs;
- To answer promptly all written notices from advisors, faculty, deans, and other university officers;
- To maintain the integrity of the classroom by practicing academic honesty. Students should refer to the Graduate Student Handbook for details regarding academic misconduct;
- To file an "Application for Advanced Degree" or "Application for Graduate Certificate," as appropriate, through Charger Central to the School of Graduate Studies at least 3 months before the expected date of completion of requirements;
- To be personally responsible for fulfilling all requirements for graduation and observing all regulations at UAH.
Plagiarism and other forms of cheating are subject to penalties as outlined in the Graduate Student Handbook. A graduate student found guilty of plagiarism or falsification of research data/results is subject to dismissal from the University.
Academic Appeals Process
Academic appeals will originate in written form by the student and will be processed through the chair of the student's major department, the College Dean, and the Office of the Provost, in that order.