The UX minor aims to bring together several different disciplines to create a robust, rigorous, and multifaceted program. These various disciplines and courses will come together in service of providing students a broad, applicable UX education. Students in the UX minor will meet the following learning objectives:
- Identify core theoretical principles and research methods of user experience.
- Apply UX research methods to analyze the behavior, needs, goals, frustrations, and emotions of real-world users.
- Design and prototype solutions for the problems identified through user experience research.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of products, technologies, and services in meeting user needs and providing a satisfying experience.
- Develop recommendations for improving the UX of new products, prototypes, and existing products, technologies, and services.
|Technical Course (one of the following):||3|
|INTRO COMP PROG IN BUS|
|GRAPHIC DESIGN: WEB DESIGN|
CS 100 Level
|Statistics Course (one of the following):||3-4|
and STATISTICS LAB
|PROB & ENGR STATISTICS I|
|INTRO TO PROBABILITY & STATIST|
|BUSINESS STATISTICS II|
and PSYCHOLOGICAL STATISTICS LAB
|All of the following courses:|
|ARS 230||GRAPHIC DESIGN: INTRODUCTION||3|
|EH 301||TECHNICAL WRITING||3|
|PY 403||HUMAN FACTORS PSYCHOLOGY||3|
|or ISE 403||HUMAN FACTORS PSYCHOLOGY|
|CM 452||USER CENTERED DESIGN||3|
|or EH 452||USER CENTERED DESIGN|
|PY 410||TASK ANALYSIS & PROTOTYPING||3|
|EH 442||USABILITY STUDIES||3|
|or CM 542||USABILITY STUDIES|