Shelby Center, Room 146
Advisor & Coordinator: Kristin Hawthorne
The Office of Pre-Health Professions offers guidance for current UAH students interested in pursuing a career in the professional healthcare field.
While many of our students express an interest in Pre-Health, it is important to understand that it is not an actual major. Instead, your Pre-Health Professions Advisor will help you choose the best major possible to help you become a good candidate for one of the many health-related graduate programs. This could mean you will be majoring in Biology, Physics, Math, or another program through the College of Science — or you could chose a major through the Colleges of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Business; Education; Engineering; Nursing; or Professional Studies.
To receive services and maintain status at UAH as a pre-health professions student, all interested students must apply through the Pre-Health Professions website.
The Office of Pre-Health Professions serves to facilitate current UAH students in their individual journey of pursuing a career in the professional healthcare field and preparing for a career of service. The Office of Pre-Health Professions is committed to providing the tools, support, resources, and academic and career advising necessary to meet the individual needs of UAH’s pre-health students.
The Office of Pre-Health Professions is committed to fostering student success by:
- Providing a welcoming and open environment where personal growth, discovery, curiosity, and leadership are encouraged.
- Developing an equally valuable individual and community experience that meets the distinctive needs of the students.
- Challenging students to prioritize their own personal development and professional development through the exploration of the professional fields and engagement with organizations on and off campus.
- Empowering students to understand and demonstrate social and ethical responsibility in their own lives.
- Facilitating a commitment to volunteerism in preparation for a career of service.
- Encouraging students to interact, collaborate, and learn from students with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
- Promoting collaborative relationships with those within the university, surrounding community, and professional partners.