UAH's Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP) allows undergraduate students to study at the graduate level. By taking graduate courses in your senior year, you could reduce the time taken to get a graduate (M.S. or M.A.) degree.

Benefits for you:

  1. No entrance exam!
  2. Double count undergrad classes for grad degree!
  3. Pay undergrad tuition for grad classes taken as a JUMP student!
  4. No application fee!

How to JUMP:

  • Apply any time before your last semester.
  • Meet with your college JUMP advisor and submit application.

Official Rules for JUMP:

  • For admission to JUMP, student must meet overall GPA requirements1 of the college. GPA includes all transfer coursework.
  • Only courses taken at UAH and listed on JUMP application are eligible.
  • Student must receive a B minimum in each JUMP course for it to count towards graduate degree.
  • Student must maintain minimum overall GPA throughout JUMP program until graduation.
  • All coursework must be completed within six years of taking first JUMP class.
  • Students are considered undergraduate students until all requirements for undergraduate degree are met.
  • Students cannot hold a GTA, GRA, or graduate scholarship or fellowship until undergraduate degree is completed.
  • If a change is made to initial JUMP application both a JUMP change form and a change to student's undergraduate Program of Study (POS) must be submitted for approval.
  • If student's GPA upon graduation is less than the required minimum, the student does not receive admission to the graduate degree program automatically. Student must apply to the graduate school with admission test score and graduate application. Courses will be counted as if the student had been a non-degree seeking graduate student.
  • Students must begin their graduate program within one year of their undergraduate graduation.
  • Students must notify the Graduate School when submitting an application for undergraduate graduation.

More information available at