UAH's Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP) allows undergraduate students to study at the graduate level. By taking graduate courses in your senior year, you could reduce the time taken to get a graduate (M.S. or M.A.) degree. Visit uah.edu/jump to view a current listing of all JUMP eligible programs.
Benefits for you:
- No entrance exam!
- Double count undergrad classes for grad degree!
- Pay undergrad tuition for grad classes taken as a JUMP student!
- No graduate application fee!
How to JUMP:
For admission to JUMP, students must meet overall GPA requirements of the program. GPA includes all transfer coursework. Students should contact the JUMP advisor of their academic program for more information about admission requirements.
To apply, students must submit the JUMP application to the JUMP advisor for their academic program any time before their last semester. View more information at uah.edu/jump.
JUMP Requirements & Official Rules:
- Students must receive at least a B in each JUMP course for it to count towards a graduate degree.
- Students must maintain a minimum overall GPA throughout JUMP program until graduation. GPA requirements vary by academic program.
- All coursework must be completed within six years of taking your first JUMP class.
- Students are considered undergraduate students until all requirements for undergraduate degree are met.
- If a change is made to the initial JUMP application both a JUMP change form and a change to student's undergraduate Program of Study (POS) must be submitted for approval to your JUMP advisor.
- Students cannot hold a GTA, GRA, or graduate scholarship or fellowship until undergraduate degree is completed.
- Students must begin their graduate program within one year of their undergraduate graduation.
Completing Your Graduate Degree:
Within the last term of undergraduate enrollment, JUMP students must submit the online application for graduate admission in order to continue in JUMP and register for graduate classes. Admission to the UAH Graduate School will be granted if students have maintained the minimum requirements of their JUMP academic program.
If a student's GPA upon graduation is less than the required minimum, the student does not receive admission to the graduate degree program automatically. Previously completed graduate coursework through JUMP will be counted as if the student had been a non-degree seeking graduate student. Students must apply to the UAH Graduate School and meet all the admissions requirements set by the academic department for new graduate applicants.
More information available at http://uah.edu/jump