1. The thesis student must complete at least 30 semester hours of graduate work, including a minimum of 6 semester hours of thesis.
Only 6 semester hours may be transfer courses that are approved by the graduate committee of the department.
2. The student’s Program of Study must include
|PY 607||PROFESSIONAL DEV IN RES & TCHG||1|
|PY 608||GRAD PRACT TCHG & CAREER EXPLO||1|
|PY 610||EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN||3|
|PY 611||STAT FOR EXPERI METHODS||4|
|PY 641||CONC READ/RES SPECIALIZ AREA||3|
|PY 699||MASTER'S THESIS||6|
|Total Semester Hours||18|
3. In addition, the student’s Program of Study will include other graduate level courses in psychology selected with the advice of the student’s advisor.
If approved by the graduate committee of the department, the student’s Program of Study may include up to 6 semester hours of graduate credit from related departments at UAH.
4. The student must pass an oral defense of their thesis.
5. The student must meet requirements for the Master of Arts degree as specified by the School of Graduate Studies.
UAH's Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP) allows undergraduate students to study at the graduate level. By taking graduate courses in your senior year, you could reduce the time taken to get a graduate (M.S. or M.A.) degree.
To be eligible for the Psychology JUMP Program, students must have a grade of B or better in each of the following: PY 101, PY 102, PY 300, PY 300L, PY 302, one group A course (PY 316, PY 414, PY 436, PY 480) and one group B course (PY 301, PY 275, PY 415, PY 435). Students interested in the Psychology JUMP Program should pursue the Psychological Science Track rather than the Psychological Services Track. Their current Psychology GPA (including any transfer coursework) must be 3.50 or better and their overall GPA (including transfer coursework) must be 3.25 or better.
Students who meet these criteria and complete the JUMP paperwork may then take up to 12 hours of Psychology graduate course credit, which will count toward both their BA and MA degrees if they make a B or better in these courses. In addition, the student who maintains at least a 3.0 GPA in these graduate courses will be automatically admitted to the MA program without having to take the GRE or formally apply for acceptance.
More information available at http://uah.edu/jump