UAH seniors may take up to 9 semester hours of courses (500 or 600 level) for graduate credit while completing requirements for the baccalaureate if they meet the following qualifications:
- An approved degree application is on file;
- Overall GPA, or GPA for the last 40 semester hours, is at least 3.5;
- Fewer than 13 semester hours remaining for degree completion;
- A total course load of no more than 12 semester hours a semester;
- Permission of the instructor.
Students initiate the request process by filling out the Request for Approval of Graduate Credit by UAH Senior, (Form 16), which is available on the Graduate School website or in the Graduate School and which requires the approval of the department chair and graduate dean. Graduate tuition and fee rates apply to courses taken in this category. A student may not use courses taken for graduate credit as part of the baccalaureate degree under this option. Please note, this is not the same as the Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP).
Seniors may wish to enroll in JUMP, which allows undergraduate students to double count their undergraduate courses for their graduate (MS) degree. For more information, please visit: http://www.uah.edu/jump