For admission to the Graduate School, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree, or equivalent, from an approved institution. The following minimum requirements are acceptable to the graduate school; individual colleges and/or departments may require higher grade point averages and test scores or additional or more specific requirements. See college/departmental sections for specific admissions information.
To qualify for unconditional admission, applicants must satisfy the following minimum criteria:*
All programs except those in the College of Business
- Have a minimum grade-point average of B (3.0) on the undergraduate record, and
- Have a minimum total score of 300 on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and a minimum score of 3.0 on the analytical writing portion. For the English, Nursing, and Public Affairs programs, applicants must have a minimum total score of 410 on the MAT.
*Individual programs may have higher GPA and score requirements for unconditional admission.
College of Business
- Have a minimum total score of 500 on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT).
- Have a minimum index score of 1080, (determined by taking the undergraduate GPA multiplied by 200 + the GMAT score + 10 x the years of professional work experience up to 2 years).
- Have a minimum grade-point average of 3.0 on the undergraduate record.