Between the University of Alabama System (UA, UAB, UAH) and Auburn University
In some designated programs, a student enrolled in either Auburn University or any campus of the University of Alabama System may register as a transient student at the other institution with the approval of both graduate deans, or their representatives, and the department or school in which the student wishes to take the courses. The amount of coursework that may be taken by a student under such an arrangement will be determined by the supervisory committee, with appropriate approvals at the other university. A student earning a master's degree at either institution must complete a majority of the required coursework at the institution granting the degree. For a course to be applicable for credit beyond the hours presently transferable toward a master's degree or beyond the master's, the course must be approved in advance by the student's major department and the graduate dean. The deans of the graduate schools will serve as liaison officers in arranging programs for which the additional hours may be transferred.
Between UAH and Alabama A&M University, Calhoun Community College, and Oakwood University
A cooperative arrangement exists between UAH and Alabama A&M University, Calhoun Community College, and Oakwood University. Under this arrangement, a student at any of the participating institutions may request permission to attend a course at one of the other schools. Conditions governing the granting of permission include the following:
- The student must be a full-time student or a full-time University employee who is a part-time student. The credit hours to be taken at the host institution shall be counted in determining the full-time or part-time status of the student.
- The course desired must be unavailable at the student's home institution.
- Visiting students are normally limited to one undergraduate course a semester at the host institution except where the second course is a laboratory required to accompany the first course or the second course is a one hour course in basic military science.
- The student must have an overall 2.0 GPA and meet all prerequisites of the host institution.
- The student's request must be approved by his or her advisor and other appropriate personnel.
- Students will be admitted by the host institution to a course based upon availability of space for the visitor, to be a determined by the class enrollment on the last day of regular registration.
Interested students should contact the UAH Office of the Registrar for appropriate forms.