Students wishing to pursue graduate work in English have a number of options, ranging from certificates that prepare them to pursue professional opportunities in technical writing or teaching (either in English or English as a Second Language), to more standard M.A. programs with or without a thesis. Students are encouraged to consult with their advisors or the Director of Graduate Studies to select the program that best meets their needs. Specific requirements for each program are available under the Programs tab on this page.
Master of Arts in English:
- English, MA Thesis Option (Plan I)
- English, MA Capstone Project (Plan II)
- English, MA with Technical Communication Certificate
- English, MA Alternative Fifth Year Program for Class A Certification in English
- English, MA with TESOL Certificate
- JUMP Program