UAH seniors may take up to 9 semester hours of courses (500 or 600 level) for graduate credit while completing requirements for the baccalaureate if they meet the following qualifications:
- An approved degree application is on file;
- Overall GPA, or GPA for the last 40 semester hours, is at least 3.5;
- Fewer than 13 semester hours remaining for degree completion;
- A total course load of no more than 12 semester hours a semester;
- Permission of the instructor.
Students initiate the request process by filling out the Request for Approval of Graduate Credit by UAH Senior, (Form 16), which is available on the Graduate School website or in The Office of Graduate Studies and which requires the approval of the department chair and graduate dean. Graduate tuition and fee rates apply to courses taken in this category. A student may not use courses taken for graduate credit as part of the baccalaureate degree under this option
UAH's Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP) allows undergraduate students to study at the graduate level. By taking graduate courses in your senior year you could reduce the time taken to get a graduate (MS) degree.
For more information, please visit: http://www.uah.edu/jump