An applicant for a master's, doctoral or certificate program must submit a completed graduate application form and a nonrefundable application fee to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Application may be completed online or downloaded at http://www.uah.edu/admissions/graduate/admission-process. Printed applications can be mailed to:
The Office of Graduate Admissions
Conference Training Center, Room 106
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Huntsville, AL 35899
Paper copies of the application are available in the Office of Graduate Studies and in departmental offices. There is a non-refundable application fee of $60 for domestic students and international students which must accompany the application. Applicants who have previously enrolled at UAH will pay a $30 fee and should submit a paper application.
In addition, the student must request that the following items be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- One official copy of the academic record from each collegiate institution attended;
- For most programs, applicants should submit scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) from Educational Testing Service (ETS). The institutional code for UAH is 1854. College of Business Administration applicants should submit scores for the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). Applicants for English, Nursing and Public Affairs should submit either a set of GRE scores or a score for the Miller Analogies Test (MAT); These scores must be submitted directly to UAH from the testing service.
- The GRE/MAT requirement may be waived by the Graduate Dean upon recommendation of the department or program chair if at least one of the following conditions holds and other departmental requirements are met:
- the applicant is the holder of a graduate degree from an accredited institution;
- the applicant presents evidence of having taken the GRE/MAT over 5 years ago and hence cannot obtain official scores;
- the applicant graduated from an accredited college or university five or more years ago and has not subsequently been enrolled since that time, and has a record of consistent professional and/or academic achievement as documented on a submitted resume;
- FE exam - pass and show proof;
An applicant for an additional graduate program (including a different degree in the same discipline, e.g. adding a master's program to a Ph.D. program, or adding a certificate) who has been previously admitted to the School of Graduate Studies must submit a new application form to the Office of Graduate Admissions for the new program. The student must inform the chairs of both departments/programs that he/ she is pursuing the two degree programs concurrently.
Students who fail to enroll in classes within one year of their date of admission must submit a new application.